Friday 28 June 2013

Two sleeps to go...

And I'm getting down to business! 

Thanks to the help of the lovely Michelle, we set up my business cards with the date, time and room of my LEAP presentation to give out to people I meet at USMAG 2013! They look so cool and even though it was a mission to get the labels printed, they worked really well :)

Although there will be some promotion of LEAP events at USMAG, I'm also a big fan of working to promote our group myself, and I hope the people I meet will be interested in coming along to see what Young Members is about. I will be attending a few events prior to my presentation to talk to people who may want to find out more.

The amazing Laura also sent me the custom-made singlet she made me to promote Mensa New Zealand over in the USA! We made white writing on blue singlets for our promotion days at University of Auckland and Victoria University earlier this year, but we loved the white t-shirts we made. Laura definitely delivered on this and I can't wait to wear it in Dallas!



The last piece of the puzzle is my presentation, and I am just about finished matching the PowerPoint with the presentation. I will be doing a mihi at the start of my presentation (Thanks to Louise for your help!), and not having much experience with Maori it's probably the part I am the most nervous about. Hopefully  my pronunciation won't be too rough. It will be cool to share a little bit of New Zealand Maori culture while I'm overseas!




No comments:

Post a Comment