Sunday 4 August 2013

Bratislava - day 4

Well my night out seemed to have knocked my immune system around, and I woke up a little bit unwell. Nothing serious, but the cold I had turned into a cough... but more on that later. 

Saturday we attended a presentation by former LEAP member and now Chair of Mensa Serbia, Aleksandra Borovic on motivating volunteers. It was a very interesting presentation and discussion, and made me think a lot about what incentives we would like to provide for the volunteers in our organisation. It's difficult to provide monetary compensation, but we could look and see what other options there are for giving volunteers the appropriate incentive to contribute more to Mensa.


The LEAP team met after this for more discussion about the next step for our work on the Logical Olympics, The Mensa Distillery and engaging our young Mensa members. These projects are going to be ongoing within the LEAP group and we will be working hard on them.

The Gala Dinner was Saturday evening, and was a fantastic event. We were treated with cultural entertainment from all around eastern Europe, my favourite being the two opera singers, they were amazing!



Dinner was great and the company fantastic, but unfortunately my cough caught up with me and I had to head back to the hotel for some sleep. It was a shame to miss saying goodbye to some important people who were leaving early the next day, but I know it's just a "see-you-later" and we'll catch up again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment