Friday 5 July 2013

Dallas day 2 - July 4!


Day two started with a great breakfast meeting with my fellow LEAP participants Jessie, Lourens, Peter, Petr and Geoff and Leap committee members Isabella, Cinthia, Roeland and Beth. It was awesome to finally meet all the people who I had been talking to for so long and had so much to do with this year.

We then met and spent the morning discussing our projects, what issues we felt we had and what we were hoping to achieve. I think we learned a lot from the session and had confidence to continue with our work. After this I met with some GenY people for lunch and then explored a bit around Fort Worth. The weather is so nice and warm, but the air on is always on so cold that I'm almost always freezing inside!! 

Found these all outside!


Fort Worth is really lovely with a great mix of architecture. All the streets were lined with American Flags. I went to sit (ed. hehe) on the grass until someone told me that's a bad idea because there are fire ants! I love sitting on the grass so I was very disappointed! 


The grass I wanted to sit on :( another thing about this part of the US is it is so flat! The horizon just seems to stretch on forever. 

I went back and visited the GenY suite where a game I vented by one of the members was being played. Was so cool to see another game someone made in action - Made me so proud of SchilMi,l it's hard work trying things out on people! I hit the gym then went for sushi/thai food with the group. It was interesting, my food was Asian spiced with Cajun seasoning, a new experience.

We then headed down to watch the fireworks.
 They were pretty awesome, but had to stop because something caught fire! They started again a bit later and we watched the end from the hotel. 


Some Americans cranked out "USA, USA, USA" and sang their national anthem at the end, didn't think that happened in real life...

All in all it was a pretty awesome day, but I knew Friday was going to be the day the hard work really started!

1 comment:

  1. Wen to Peru on the grass - lol. Don't you love autocorrect!

    ReplyDelete