Tuesday 9 July 2013

DFW- day 5 final day :(

Sunday was an odd mix of sadness, relaxation, hope and excitement. 

Saying goodbye to people I had met at the AG was so hard, knowing that we are going to be so far from each other. We are lucky we live in an era where I can send a  message or make a call to someone on the other side of the world and they will receive it instantly. That, and the knowledge we have so much still to talk about for our Mensa groups, provides some consolation.

 (You guys better all come and visit me!)

Saying goodbye to the awesome other LEAPers was a mixture of sadness, but extreme excitement. We have such a good group of participants this year, with such motivation and passion for Mensa. I can't wait to meet up with you all again in Vienna and Bratislava and continue the awesome work we have been doing.

Jessie and I stayed on at the hotel for one last night, getting out and exploring a bit more of Fort Worth and having an amazing pizza for dinner (and struggling to work out the tip!), before packing to come home.

This has been the most amazing, incredible and inspiring journey so far. Realising that the influence LEAP has is going to continue once I have safely returned to New Zealand stuns me. This is not just a once in a lifetime opportunity, this is a changing a lifetime opportunity. My life is now a leadership exchange, forging connections, looking for answers and hopefully, just maybe, for a few people at least, changing the world.

Stay tuned everybody, EMAG Bratislava 2013 is going to rock!!

1 comment: